BOON Premium Leather Boxing Gloves
- New ergonomically designed Muay Thai style boxing glove
- Ideal for intense training sessions
- Top quality genuine cowhide, hand-made in Thailand
- Compact hand compartment, excellent fit for smaller hands and wrists
- Optimal air circulation keeping hands cool
- Shorter hook-and-loop Velcro with superior wrist support
- Three layers of foam for superb shock absorbency and excellent knuckle protection
- Well-balanced with optimal weight distribution
- Color: Black and white glove, BOON logo on glove and thumb
The Bangkok-based Muay Thai brand was founded in 2002 by Australian entrepreneur, Scott Marr together with his wife, Su. The brand’s name translates to mean “making merit” or “doing good” in Thai language and culture. In fact, Scott is big on giving back to the Muay Thai community by sponsoring many small gyms in Thailand. And Boon does this without tooting its own horn.
The company has come quite a long way since its humble beginnings. Today, Boon is one of the most trusted Muay Thai brands in the world known for top-quality fight gear and reputable custom shorts service. The company is modest-sized with around 30 employees and its products are all handmade at 2 factories located in central Bangkok. Boon Sport may not be as prominent as its competitors like Fairtex, Top King or Yokkao. But for Muay Thai enthusiasts, pro fighters and gym trainers who are serious about the sport, Boon is a brand that they know they can count on.
Credits to Muaythaicitizen.com for the brief company write-up